|Name||:||Dr. Prasenjit Saikia|
|Qualification||:||M.Sc. (Chemistry), M.Tech. (Energy Technology), PhD. (Energy & Environment)|
|Contact Details||:||+91 376 2372581(O), 2420/2450, +91 8822463157 (M)|
- Energy and Environmental interfacing area
- Emission inventories from different energy sources (coal/petroleum/biomass based) and modeling
- Bioenergy and alternative fuel sources
- Coal gasification and Liquefaction
- Coal/biomass co-combustion
- Probing the Changing Atmosphere and its Impacts in Indo-Gangetic Plains (IGP) and Himalayan Regions (PSC-112). [Project Acronym: AIM – IGPHim] (Responsibility: PL, Funded by: CSIR, Rs. 95.636 lakhs)
- Development of feasibility assessment model for adaptation of underground coal gasification technology in the North-East region of India (GAP-261). (Responsibility: Co-PI, Funded by: DIT, Govt. of India, Rs. 111.32 lakhs)
- Desulphurization of high sulphur NE Indian coals (GAP-249). (Responsibility: Member, Funded by: Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India, Rs. 193.76 lakhs)
- Gradation (Annual) of NER coals (CNP-464). (Responsibility: Member, Funded by: NECL, CIL, Rs. 1.95 lakhs)
- Completed Projects: 1. Emissions from coal based industries: Development of Predictive model (GAP-229). (Responsibility: PI, Funded by: Ministry of Coal, Govt. of India, Rs. 82.46 lakhs)
- 2. Feasibility studies for manufacturing of soil conditioner from coal and coal waste (CNP-456) (Responsibility: Member, Funded by: DGM, Nagaland, Rs. 82.46 lakhs)
- 3. Gradation of Assam coals (CNP-459). (Responsibility: Member, Funded by: NECL, CIL, Rs. 2.75 lakhs)
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 59 (SCI Journals)
- In SCI Journal = 7 Nos.
- Conference/Seminar Proceedings = 12 Nos.
- Book Chapters = 4 nos.
- In-house book compilation: 4 Nos.
Awards and Fellowships
- National Renewable Energy Fellow, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Govt. of India.
- Life membership of Indian Institute of Mineral Engineers