Click here to download Active And Mature Technologies of CSIR-NEIST
Over the years, the Institute developed expertise in the areas like natural products chemistry, drugs and drug intermediates, agro-technologies, petrochemicals, crude-oil transportations, paper and paper products, beneficiation chemicals, Bioremediation, ecology and environmental studies, geotechnical investigations, foundation design engineering, soil investigations and building materials. Since inception, the Institute has generated more than 117 technologies, of which about 60% were commercial successes. Not only the North-Eastern Region, but also the entire country reaped the benefit of the technologies generated at CSIR-NEIST. The technologies not only contributed towards productivity, but also ensured better use of local resources, employment generation, up-gradation of artisan skills and improvement in the quality of life. The users of these technologies include industrial concerns, first generation entrepreneurs, farmers, artisans, co-operative societies, voluntary organizations, rural communities and government agencies.
MAJOR PROCESSES/TECHNOLOGIES DEVELOPED
- Arteether, Artemether and Sodium Artesunate – Potent new generation anti-malarial drugs & drug intermediates. Other drug intermediates include Caffiene from tea waste, 16 DPA.
- Vertical Shaft Kiln for Mini Cement Plants (60-100 TPD).
- Process for production of Cold bonded iron ore pellets.
- Microcrystalline wax from crude oil residues
- Pour Point Depressants for use in transportation of high waxy crude oils
- Agrochemicals like Phosphamidon, Quinalphos and Chorfenvinphos.
- Oil field chemicals like High and Medium Strength Proppants, Chrome lignite, Chrome free lignite, Flow Improvers (SWAT-104 and SWAT-106) and De-oiler.
- Agro-technologies on cultivation of Edible Mushroom, Mushroom Spawn Production, Vermicompost cultivation and cultivation practices of important medicinal & aromatic plants like Java Citronella, Lemongrass, Patchouli, Palmarosa, Solanum khasianum, Safed Musli, Dioscorea, Stevia, Annatto, Mentha piperita, Mentha citrata and Mentha arvensis.
- Production of Bamboo plantlets of Bambusa balcooa sps by Plant Tissue Culture Technique.
- Essential oil based technologies like Liquid deodorant cleaner, Herbal room freshener with mosquito repellent properties.
- Specialty papers and boards like Thermographic paper, Carbonless Copy Paper, Direct Copy paper, Correction paper, Carbon paper, Gummed paper tape, Handmade Paper (from water hyacinth/press cuttings), Matrix board (stereoflong and rubber stereo), Particle board from agro-industrial wastes, Medium density boards from rice husk and other lingocellulosic material.
- Technologies for stationery based products like Paper slate, Plastic slate, Colour wax crayon, Low dust chalk pencil, Printing ink and Black board coating.
- Coating composition for wrought iron surfaces.
- Green tea polyphenols from Assam tea.
- Water filter candle.
- Low cost roofing sheets, Bamboocrete housing.
- Herbal incense sticks with Mosquito repellent properties.
- Bicycle hub for gear attachment.
- Process for extraction of Fibres from Banana stem for utilization as twines and fabrics and development of eco-friendly value added products like Carpets, Doormats, Bags, Flower vase, Table mats, Flower baskets, etc.
- Oil Well cement additive.
- Tri-Phenyl and Tri-cresyl phosphate.
- Bacterial Plant Growth Promoter (BPPS).
- Bio-organo fertilizer.
- Bacterial formulation for crop enhancement and yield improvement
- TP-16 Biofertilizer.
- Anti-Asthmatic formulation.
- Herbal Anti-Arthritis ointment.
- Herbal Fungi-Destruct ointment.
PROCESS/TECHNOLOGIES AVAILABLE FOR TRANSFER
|ENVIRONMENT IMPROVEMENT & PROTECTION||DESIGN|
|PAPER, BOARDS & FIBERS||HERBAL PRODUCTS|
|DRUGS & DRUG INTERMEDIATES||INORGANIC CHEMICALS|